When choosing flooring, two popular options available are timber and parquet. While each has unique benefits, we break down the specifics of both types in order to get an idea of which choice is right for you.
* Parquet flooring has become very popular in Singapore recently. For those who enjoy having the latest fashion in home design, using this type of flooring is a great option.
* With Parquet flooring, it’s easy to achieve an adorable pattern with the mosaic style. This type of flooring was introduced by Europeans and became a marker for class and wealth. Since its introduction into the market, it has not lost its appeal.
* The patterns created by parquet flooring are unique and beautiful, making the floor a central part of the home design. This type of flooring involves laying pieces of wood together to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. The artistry involves using angular patterns that are fixed in place to make a beautiful, durable, and waterproof floor.
* With parquet flooring, you can choose from a variety of wood types including pine, walnut, oak, and maple as well as others.
* You can also choose from a variety of shades to match your home. The darker shades of parquet flooring have subtle hues that are in a low-key style and bring an elegance to any room. For a home that is built in a country style or has more traditional decorations, the lighter shades may be a better match. These paler tones create a homey, welcoming atmosphere. The wide range of choices ensures that homeowners will end up with the style suited to their design tastes.
* Although prices vary depending on style, size, and design types, parquet flooring is usually one of the more economical flooring options. It may be a good option for anyone interested in saving money with their floor design.
* Parquet flooring tends to be a great option for anyone interested in long-lasting and durable flooring options. It may be cleaned easily and tends to be very hard so it will not need to be replaced as often as other types of flooring options.
* One disadvantage of parquet flooring is that it cannot be used where there is a regular flow of water, which may make it an impractical option for some homes or areas.
* Another disadvantage is that maintenance of parquet flooring is not easy and usually requires expert help to maintain a healthy, vibrant look over the years.
* Timber flooring comes in strips or planks, depending on the area where it is being installed. Timber flooring provides a certain amount of elegance and natural warmth in the home.
* This type of flooring is also a practical choice because it is durable and will last for many years. It’s also very easy to install timber flooring over concrete.
* Timber flooring may come in a variety of wood types, depending on what suites your home. It does not stand out as strongly as parquet flooring, but instead can be used to create a simple tone in the floor of a home.
* Timber flooring doesn’t absorb dust, so keeping it clean and fresh looking is fairly simple. You should regularly sweep your floors to keep them looking nice and mop occasionally to remove any dirt. Over the years, you may need to re-sand and re-finish your floors, but this type of maintenance is only occasional and will help to keep your floors looking great for years to come.
* The lifespan of timber flooring is very long and should survive anywhere from 20-30 years. It may be slightly more expensive than other types of flooring, but is well worth the cost in the long run.
* Timber flooring is also a popular choice for homes and can be found in a variety of woods and colors to match a house’s decorating style and theme.
* Both parquet and timber flooring have their own pros and cons. Each type is a viable option for a home, so decide what you want in your flooring material before making a choice.
* If you’re having trouble deciding, ask for expert opinions and get some advice in this area. Having a professional’s expertise on this matter can help you narrow down your choices and end up with a beautiful floor.